Atlas Travel Series portfolio of products benefits was updated by the plan administrator – Tokio Marine HCC MIS Group – with enhancements and other rate or wording changes. These changes are effective July 15, 2020 and impact the below plans:
- Atlas Travel (Atlas America or Atlas International)
- Atlas Premium
- Atlas Essential
- Atlas Group Travel
- Atlas MultiTrip
The respective plan Brochures, and policy Description of Coverage sample documents have also been updated to reflect the below detailed changes. You can view and download the same on the respective plan pages on this website.
What has changed in this update?
Plan updates for Atlas Travel (Atlas America or Atlas International), Atlas Premium, Atlas Essential, Atlas Group Travel, and Atlas MultiTrip to include coverage for COVID-19 / Coronavirus global pandemic.
Below are the updates/changes made to the Atlas Travel Series portfolio of products effective on and after 07/15/2020.
Atlas Rate Changes
- Rate changes for Atlas Travel, Premium, Essential, and Group
- Remove policy maximums of $250k, $500k, $1M, and $2M for ages 65-69, and the $150,000 policy maximum for ages 70-79, for Atlas Travel, Premium, Essential, and Group
- For all Atlas Series plans, for policies purchased on or after July 15th 2020, COVID-19 will be treated as any other eligible illness. The epidemic/pandemic exclusion has been updated, including an exception for COVID-19, allowing for COVID-19 to be covered as any other eligible illness.
Other Wording Changes
- Additional clarification added to Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions
- Additional instruction added in the Arbitration section
Purchase Experience Changes
- The Atlas Travel and Atlas Travel Premium quote engine purchase experience has been optimized and redesigned for a more seamless frontend user experience
Questions or Concerns, Contact Us Today!
We appreciate your interest in these visitor health insurance and visitors insurance plans for visiting the USA, and travel medical insurance plans for coverage outside America and home country. We look forward to addressing all your queries and address concerns, if any. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this information, please contact us.