Atlas America Insurance
Atlas America Visitor Insurance
Review the Atlas America Insurance plan for non-US citizen visiting USA, best plan for parents, friends, relatives, any individual and/or family visiting America and traveling to the U.S. outside home country. Atlas travel medical insurance plans are available from a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of one year. Atlas America is a short-term international travel health insurance with extendable and renewable short-term coverage. Atlas America Insurance is a leading visitor travel medical insurance plan for visitors, and is designed to take the risk out of international travel and includes coverage for emergency medical evacuation, natural disasters, acts of terrorism, complications of pregnancy, incidental trips home, and offers pre-existing condition visitor insurance coverage.
Renew or extend an existing policy online using Renew Atlas America Insurance, Atlas America Insurance is extendable and renewable up to 12 months (364 days) of continuous coverage.
Review the Atlas America Insurance Brochure or the Atlas America Insurance Description of Coverage document for plan details and information.
Atlas America Insurance Review
The Atlas America Insurance plan is suitable for relatives or parents visiting USA, business executes and professionals visiting trade shows or clients outside home country, au-pairs or foreign nannies, international students and scholars on J1 visa and their dependents, tourists traveling to any foreign destination, etc. For USA visitors or international travelers, Atlas Travel Insurance provides comprehensive coverage for sickness/injury and a whole lot more, review the details of the Atlas America Insurance plan below:
|Atlas America Insurance Plan Overview
||Visiting USA or traveling outside of your Home Country and are at least 14 days old are eligible to purchase the Atlas Travel Plan coverage. If you are a non-US citizen, your Home Country is the country where you principally reside and receive regular mail. If you are a US citizen, your Home Country is always the United States, regardless of the location of your Principal Residence.
||For age below 70, choice of maximum medical coverage is $50,000 thru $1,000,000 for life of plan (and not per injury or sickness). For 70 - 79 age group, coverage is limited to $100,000. For 80+ age group, max. coverage is $10,000. It is maximum amount of all benefits, except for Emergency Medical Evacuation, Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Common Carrier Accidental Death.
||One time deductible, per person in the policy, choices are $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, or $2,500 per certificate period.
|Plan Duration or Period
||Minimum of 5 days to maximum of 12 months (364 days) of coverage
||Atlas America Insurance is for non-U.S. citizens who are visitors to USA or traveling outside home country.
||Atlas International Insurance is for U.S. Citizens traveling abroad or foreign nationals needing cross-border medical coverage outside America.
||For treatment received inside USA: For the certificate period, after the policy deductible selected is paid in full, the program pays 80% of next $5,000 of eligible expenses after the deductible, then 100% to maximum coverage limit selected.
Coinsurance will be waived if expenses are incurred within the Atlas PPO network and expenses are submitted to Plan Administrator for review and payment directly to the health care provider.
|For treatment received outside the U.S.: For the certificate period, after the chosen plan deductible is paid fully out-of-pocket, the plan pays 100% of eligible expenses after the deductible up to the maximum coverage limit selected.
- Hospital emergency room and board charges, Hospital Indemnity
- Local Ambulance, physician visits, surgeon fees, doctor charges
- Pre-admission test/Laboratory/Hospital intensive care unit costs
- Diagnostics, X-Rays, prescription drugs are covered
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD & D) and Common Carrier Accidental benefit
- Terrorism, natural disaster, adventure sports benefit included
- Emergency Dental charges for sudden tooth pain is covered
|Coverage Benefit (Eligible expenses subject to chosen deductible or coinsurance, if any)
|Maximum Coverage per Injury or Illness
||Limit based on age of member. For age below 70 years: $50,000, $100,000, $200,000, $500,000, $1,000,000, or $2,000,000. For ages 70 to 79 years: $50,000 or $100,000. For age above 80 years: $10,000.
|Maximum Coverage per Certificate Period
||Excludes Emergency Medical Evacuation, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Common Carrier Accidental Death, Personal Liability and Crisis Response.
Limit based on age of member. For age below 70 years: $50,000, $100,000, $200,000, $500,000, $1,000,000, or $2,000,000. For ages 70 to 79 years: $50,000 or $100,000. For age above 80 years: $10,000.
|Hospital Room and Board
||Average semi-private room rate, including nursing services
||Usual, reasonable and customary charges, when covered illness or injury results in hospitalization as inpatient
|Emergency Room Co-Payment
||For claims incurred inside the U.S. or Canada, $200 co-payment for each use of emergency room for illness, unless member is admitted to the hospital. No co-payment for emergency room treatment of an injury.
|Intensive Care Unit
||Usual, reasonable and customary charges
|Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Care
||$50 maximum per day. Must be ordered in advance by a physician.
||$50,000 maximum lifetime limit, eligible medical expenses only
|Eligible Medical Expenses
||All other eligible medical charges are paid on the Usual, reasonable and customary (URC) basis
|Coverage Benefit (Eligible expenses NOT subject to chosen deductible or coinsurance, if any)
|Emergency Medical Evacuation
||$1,000,000 lifetime maximum
|Repatriation of Remains
||Overall maximum limit
|Local Burial or Cremation
||$5,000 lifetime maximum
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
||Refer to the plan brochure, summary of benefits table for limits by age. Excludes loss due to common carrier accident. $250,000 maximum benefit for any one family or group. Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment buy-up of $50,000 to Lifetime Maximum of $100,000.
|Common Carrier Accidental Death
||Per member; subject to a maximum of $250,000 any one family or group. Please refer to the plan brochure for benefit amount limits by member age.
||Ransom, Personal Belongings, and Crisis Response Fees and Expenses: $10,000 maximum per certificate period. Optional Crisis Response buy-up with Natural Disaster Evacuation Coverage: $90,000 per certificate period, with $10,000 maximum for Natural Disaster Evacuation.
||$50,000 per certificate period, subject to a maximum of 15 days
||$10,000 lifetime maximum
||$5,000 per certificate period
|Lost Checked Luggage
||$500 per certificate period
||Maximum $100/day after a 12-hour delay period requiring an unplanned overnight stay. Subject to a maximum of 2 days.
||Sudden Acute Onset of Dental Pain is limited to $250 per certificate period
||Replacement Accommodations provider with a maximum $100/day for 5 days. Optional Personal Liability buy-up of $90,000 to Lifetime Maximum of $100,000.
||$100 per day of inpatient hospitalization charges
||$10,000 lifetime maximum
||$1,500 per certificate period
|Return of Minor Children
||$50,000 per certificate period
||$1,000 per certificate period
|Atlas America Insurance - Miscellaneous
||Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Condition: With Atlas Series, find and pick the best plan for your coverage needs including important feature for Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition (only available to members younger than 70 years). Limited benefit up to the medical coverage maximum (excludes chronic and congenital conditions) and $25,000 lifetime maximum for emergency medical evacuation.
An acute onset of a pre-existing condition is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a pre-existing condition which occurs spontaneously and without advance symptoms. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
|Provider PPO Network
||Atlas Insurance Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network - Atlas Insurance Provider Network
|Quote Buy Online
||Get instant online quote for plans premiums and apply & purchase / Buy Atlas America Insurance policy online
||Renew Atlas Insurance Online is available when plan is purchased for at least 5 days, extend coverage dates up to 364 days without letting the policy lapse/expire.
||Review the Atlas America Insurance Brochure for an overview of the plan coverage benefits.
||Print and complete paper application, mail/fax the Atlas America Insurance Application along with premium payment, calculate the quoted rates using the supplied rate table.
||Download and print the Tokio Marine HCCMIS Insurance Claims Form to submit for claims reimbursement. Direct cashless billing is also available.
||Review Atlas Insurance Description of Coverage for plan exclusions information.
||Plan Administration by Tokio Marine HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS), a top rated American Visitor Insurance provider, which is a subsidiary of Tokio Marine Insurance Group.
||Atlas Travel Insurance plans are underwritten by Lloyd's [Rating of A (excellent) by A.M. Best Company, and 'A+' (Strong) from Standard & Poor's]. Lloyd's of London is the largest and oldest insurance market in the world.
Atlas America Insurance Exclusions
Atlas America Insurance excludes coverage for certain medical conditions, refer to the Description of Coverage document for the complete list of plan exclusions.
- Pre-existing conditions: The Atlas plan excludes expenses for treatment resulting directly or indirectly from any pre-existing condition, only Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions benefit is available for conditions that are not excluded and which are not chronic or congenital conditions. Also, this is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence that is of short duration and requires urgent care within 24 hours after the recurrence. No coverage is available for known conditions that have scheduled or required treatment plans, conditions with expected medical care, existing prescription drugs taken, or existent or necessary treatment prior to the effective date of coverage.
- Routine medical examinations and annual check-ups
- Routine pre-natal/post-natal care, pregnancy/child birth coverage
- Medical expenses for injury or illness resulting from participation in specifically excluded extreme sports (see Description of Coverage for full list of excluded sports).
Atlas America Insurance Plan Updates
Following are the plan changes and enhancements from April 1, 2014 for Atlas America, Atlas International, Atlas MultiTrip and Atlas Group plans:
- Up to $100,000 of coverage offered for members ages 70 to 79 under Atlas Travel and Atlas Group.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit increased to $50,000 for members ages 18 to 69.
- Emergency Reunion benefit increased from $15,000 to $50,000.
- The Atlas MultiTrip annual plan improved with added coverage options and benefits:
- Coverage length options of both 30 days and 45 days.
- Up to $100,000 in coverage for the acute onset of a pre-existing condition.
- Terrorism coverage of up to $50,000.
- Physical therapy coverage.
- Adventure sports coverage no longer includes paragliding and kitesurfing.
- Rates updated for Atlas Travel, Atlas Group, and Atlas MultiTrip.
Following are the plan changes and enhancements from April 1, 2013 for Atlas America, Atlas International, and Atlas Group plans:
- Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage , benefit limit adjusted to policy maximum for US$50,000 option, all other policy maximums adjusted to a benefit maximum of US$100,000
- Added coverage for additional medical professionals including Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA), and Physician Assistants (PA)
- Added Atlas America eligibility for individuals 80+ age with a policy max of $10,000
- Added free child up to age 10 with each parent; maximum of two free children.
- Updated Physical Therapy benefit to a per day maximum from a per visit maximum
- Removed benefit limitations and exclusions on cardiovascular events
- Added specific list of non-covered sports for hazardous sports coverage as specified in the plan brochure
Earlier plan changes and enhancements from August 1, 2012 for Atlas America, Atlas International, Atlas Professional, and Atlas Group plans:
- Acute onset of pre-existing medical condition coverage has been increased from US$20,000 to US$50,000.
- Non-U.S. citizens/residents whose travel excludes the U.S. can purchase up to a 365 day certificate period. All other members are limited to a 364 day certificate period maximum.
- Emergency Room (ER) treatment for illness - A $200 co-pay will apply (in addition to the deductible) if not admitted to the hospital as an impatient. Only applicable to claims incurred inside the U.S.
- Urgent Care Facility Benefit - Deductible is waved and replaced with a $50 co-pay when claim is incurred at an Urgent Care Facility. Only applicable to claims incurred inside the U.S.
- Cardiovascular Events limited to $50,000 for ages 55-79 with specified contributing conditions. All others limited to overall policy maximum unless pre-ex or acute onset.
- Increased benefit for Return of Minor Children with maximum increased to $50,000 .
- Added Local Burial or Cremation Benefit with $5,000 lifetime limit.
- Non-U.S. Citizens permitted a maximum of 30 days per 3 month period incidental home country coverage for Atlas Travel and Atlas Group members.
- Acute onset of dental pain coverage has been increased to a maximum of $250 per certificate period.
- Coverage for adventure sports (previously only available under the Sports Rider) are now included in all Atlas policies at no additional cost.